Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
RichyFL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FW Hurricane 30Q
State: Florida
THOR #1044
Foreign Object Warning!!!!!!

I hope mine is a isolated instance. However we bought a 2011 FW Hurricane 30Q So we are doing some mods and setting up the way we want it.

Every panel I pulled I found handfuls of loose screws, everywhere behind the dash and behind every panel I have pulled to inspect or modify something behind it.

Much to my horror I was showing my wife the transfer relay and there was another screw! Shorted between shore power lead and the generator power lead having welded itself on. Why it never took out the generator I will never know how it stayed there from its manufacture in 2010 to yesterday without shorting or causing a fire is a gift from God..

So look over your coaches very well. These guys who put them together I guess when they drop a screw they just leave it and grab another. Thor does great things in some areas and in others I scratch my head. I wish they would have a cable way from front to back but that's another story.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum