Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #9
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
To trade or not to trade..

We WERE going to trade in our pop-up when we were shopping, but with minor damage to the roof (which I repaired), and considering the age (1998), even though it was in fabulous condition, clean and huge, with 2 king beds, our salesman urged us to sell it outright, as they would 'probably offer us an embarrassingly low amount on our trade'. I'm glad we took his advice. First, I turned the roof-crack over to our comprehensive insurance, as it was caused by a winter tree-branch assault. Due to the age, they 'totaled' it and gave us book-value which was almost $3000, less our deductible of $500. I proceeded to purchase it back from them at 'salvage' cost ($495) and then put a sign on it and placed it at the street. Within 2 weeks, a buyer was thrilled to pay $3500 for it, since we are blocks away from a used camper/RV dealer who was asking double that for same-age trailers. The new buyers used it all summer long and are still thrilled with their purchase. The cash went towards our down-payment on our RV. Sometimes selling outright, although more work, will net worthwhile gains.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum