Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #15
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I suppose circumstantial evidence has its place in the legal system, but I personally see it more of a short-term necessary evil that should be used with much caution. Long term it causes more harm than good because it erodes a society's civility little by little.

A LEO may be able to push boundaries more (not that I think they should), but as a private citizen for any of us to accuse a "potentially" innocent person in public, and call him a liar, is just a bad idea. And size has nothing to do with it. The guy could have been a 90-year-old grandma and I'd still give them the benefit of the doubt. Not because of who's more powerful, but because it's the right thing to do.

You have LEO experience. I have experience with wrongly accused. It's still not worth it to escalate violence over dog pee.
Well sir, I must correct you on one thing, I am 100% a private citizen. I have no "special" powers and am just like any other retired person traveling in an RV.

Let me provide you with an example that could easily relate to you and see what your reaction would be. You return home from an extended RV trip. As you pull into your driveway a "scruffy" young man runs from the back of your home with a pillow case that is full of something. You quickly enter your home to find the rear door kicked in and some valuables missing. Of course you will be calling the police. But are you going to inform them of the young man you saw running from around the back of your home? I can promise you that they will try to immediately locate him and I would venture a guess they will accuse him of possibly burglarizing your home. But wait, what if he was just out for a run and happen to like running with a pillow case full of stuff. There is no real physical evidence even linking him to the crime, nor is there any video. What to do.......
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.