Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Chassis/frame
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #23
GeorgiaHybrid

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Well I guess i'll bite. McDonalds?

If you want to talk trucks that are used by RV haulers and hotshotters RAM has a HUGE advantage. Full timers the numbers are very different with RAM and GM being ahead of Ford. When I first joined Suites Owners web site in 2011 there were very few GM's or RAM's and mostly F450's those numbers have reversed.

Every comment can be taken differently. Is your credibility compromised now?
Cummins, the reason you see so many hotshotters run a RAM is they are CHEAPER. They will generally wear our a pickup within 1 to 2 years and go buy another one. Any of the newer pickups are comparable in ability and with a hotshotter, cost is all they care about If they can get a Ford cheaper, that is what they will run. Same thing for a GMC product.

Where you live is also a deciding factor. Was in Kilgore, TX several times in the past few months staying in a hotel with a BUNCH of oilfield guys. The parking lot was full of diesel Fords with ONE lone Ram truck. That ratio stays true in most places here in the southeast. Ask around on a job site and see the answers you get, it might surprise you.

The guys working construction will give you an honest answer of a trucks capability under some very rough conditions of mud, heavy loads and wear and tear.

I have been in the Washington Tri Cities area and there, GM trucks seem predominate as they like a smooth ride and think that Chevy and GMC do a better job. My BIL lives outside of Detroit and drives a Ram. They offer discounts to former/current firemen, EMT's and cops so guess why he drives a Ram? Cost.

A Ram truck is not a be all, end all and neither is a Ford or a GMC. Each individual has a preference for what they look for in a truck. Some people are Ford enthusiasts, others Ram, still others GMC (Where are the Toyota and Nissan folks?).

The "Ram is stronger, more capable, better hauler" in every post you make is getting old. From my viewpoint, I could pull two of your Rams and your trailers around behind me and not know they were there. Different type and style of truck from yours and that is fine, it fits MY requirements in a truck.

Others will prefer a medium duty Freightliner, international, Pete or KW instead of a HDT or a LDT as that will fit their requirements better.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum