Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
Larry

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hi Larry,
When I saw where the battery was when I looked at the coach it bothered me. The salesman said don't worry it drops down to remove. I never looked to see if he knew what he was talking about shame on me... I think my mechanic had to remove some of the air conditioning to get it out,
My house battery's went dead the first year but were replaced by Thor. My past experience with motor homes and battery's are not good. It seems to me that the storage switch doesn't disconnect everything so the battery's are drained. When I had my mechanic change mine he also put a complete cutoff switch in the front of my engine. I haven't had a problem since.. Keeping fingers crossed,,
From what others have said about replacing the chassis battery, the drop down for lap tops, etc. on the passenger side must be removed along with some woodwork underneath to access it and lift it upward into the cab area. Sounds like a real PIA to change out.

Thus far, I have had no problems with any of my batteries. Doesn't seem to be draining them while in store mode or perhaps only a negligible amount. The battery indicator for the house batteries has never shown below 3/4. I run the gennie for an hour once a month while in storage and don't keep it plugged into shore power.

Keeping my fingers crossed too since I have the Harris batteries that so many have had their share of problems with.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.