Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #16
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Hey Jerry,

It sounds like you're making progress.

With regard to the brake cable I came through firewall ran it on the top of the driver's side frame rail, over the heat shield, over the steering box, under the window shield washer fluid, and over the sway bar. I attached it to the vertical face of the cross-member behind the bumper. This was the only place I secured the cable sheath to the jeep, I really couldn't find any other "make sense" places.

I don't know if you can tell from the pictures or not.

For the emergency break away I just ran the cable along the top of the frame and dropped it so it went into the one-way box. For the loose end of the breakaway cable I just set it behind the front bumper when not in use and drape it under the drivers side of the front bumper when it is hooked up.

And as I was looking at the I realized I wanted to put some sealant on the firewall where the breakaway comes though. Thanks! Forgot to do that at the time.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2309.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	3087   Click image for larger version

Name:	connect 1.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	3088  

Click image for larger version

Name:	connect.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	3089   Click image for larger version

Name:	breakaway.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	3090  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum