Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #11
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Mitch, welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of friendly folks here that will answer your questions and help you solve any problems.

My recommendation (that I always make to prospective owners) is that an RV is not like a car or truck. You can't use it periodically and let it sit parked with no attention. An RV is a house that bounces down the road. It is going to require more than just washing every now and then. Things are going to come loose. Systems are going to stop working or completely fail. Things are going to require adjustment. An RV is a do-it-yourself project.

My second recommendation is to work with a dealer locally to get the best price. Also spend lots of time researching the reviews of this dealer's service after the sale. You are going to have warranty issues (that is the unfortunate nature of the RV beast). A second part of the "it's not like a car" is that many dealers refuse to service an RV unless it was bought from them (worse case) or if you didn't buy it from them they schedule you way down in the queue for service. In those cases it might be at the dealer's for weeks waiting for repairs. Also buying an RV from a dealer hundreds of miles away for the great price and then having to drive it hundreds of miles for service is going eat time and be expensive.

We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1 and love it. We have 8800 miles on it and spent about 100 days in it camping. I've had it to the dealer's 4 times the first year for warranty work. The most major items were replacement of the microwave and replacing a stress cracked windshield. The total time the dealer had my RV the past year was 13 days for the 4 visits. My dealer won't take the RV in until the parts are on hand. You can read here on the forum owners who have only had use of their RVs for a few weeks in a year because their dealer had it the rest of the time.

Good luck in your search and research. If you want a more in-depth look at the Thor Vegas/Axis models I compiled an Owner's Manual. If you go to the Motorhome Tech Topic section of this forum the first thread is a sticky to my manual. Go to the 7th response for the updated site address to download the manual.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum