Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
Cummins12V98

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Dumped the Chicom washing machine

Our Whirlpool Washer randomly would not discharge the water at the end of the cycle and the clothes were soaked. Warranty was up and no solution from Whirlpool other than to have it serviced. Not throwing good money away I bought a Bosch 500 series washer thru my Son's Contractor account for a touch over $800. The exact same item is on sale at BestBuy for $1,075.

Side note be sure to remove the shipping bolts/clips from the back. I did not and the washer made it feel like a 7.0 earthquake. Removed and made adjustment to level unit and now it puts the Whirlpool to shame.

The Bosch is 220V 20A. I have a 220V dryer so I added a 20A 220V plug next to the 30A for the dryer using that power source. The combined average is 26V so the 30 will work well. If the Dryer were Bosch the washer would have just plugged into it.

Since rv.net photo posting is no longer available I can't post pics. Anyone have a way to post pics off an Apple computer?

Washer is made in Germany, I am expecting many years of good service from this unit.

jpg.gif IMG_5126.jpg (63.9 KB)jpg.gif IMG_5125.jpg (109.4 KB)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5126.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	3108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5125.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	3109  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.