Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Mileage
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #20
racinart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40GQ
State: California
THOR #3283
Working on better gas mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
9+ mpg!!! Wow, what's your secret???? I'm lucky to get 7-1/2 to 8 without the toad! With toad, I'm lucky to get 6-1/2
I think the best accessory cars have on them these days is the mpg calculator right in front of our faces.

On my coach, I can set the three line display to read average MPG and instantaneous MPG. I try to drive like there is a raw egg (in the shell) on the gas and brake pedals. Easy on the gas, and easy on the brake. It takes quite a bit of practice and awareness.

For instance, I see that light up ahead that is about to turn yellow. I'm already off the gas pedal and coasting as much as possible up to the light. If I time it correctly, I get lucky and won't even have to step on the brake.

Think of it this way. Heat is the enemy of good gas mileage. You create more heat the harder you step on the gas pedal, and you create more heat the harder you have to step on the gas pedal. Sounds silly but it works.

2016 Tuscany 40GQ
Jeep Grand Cherokee
5 Dogs!
racinart is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.