Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #17
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
I feel your pain with THOR. Their warranty is absolutely worthless, and there is no one in their entire organization that cares about customers that get stuck with shabbily constructed motor homes. Mine too, was bought brand new, and has had nothing but problems. It has spent months in the shop with multiple problems, including; slide, electrical problems, generator problems, leaking roof and windows, levelers, plumbing leaks, and it has burned up 3 sets of house batteries, which THOR refused to cover.

People with no experience with THOR warranty service on a major failure, or multiple failures, have no idea what you are talking about, when you praise the service at THOR. If you did, you would know that trying to get to someone who is concerned about your problems, and is willing, or able to help, is impossible. No one like that exists, it's a culture of indifference to customers concerns. The higher you go, the worse it gets, if anyone even bothers to return your messages.

When traveling, and breaking down, you will find you THOR Warranty no help at all. THOR dealers want NOTHING to do with repairing THOR products under warranty, that were not purchased at their location. As more than one dealer explained it to me, THOR will not reimburse them enough on warranty repairs to cover their costs. So if they didn't make a profit on the sale, they don't want to lose money making repairs. I don't blame them for that, as shoddily designed, engineered, and constructed as THOR products are, having to make too many repairs under warranty is a money loser.

My experience with THOR has been a nightmare. Your experience may differ. If you want to gamble $100K of your money to see which experience you may have, well, as they say, it's a free country.
If you modified your posting and replaced the word "Thor" with the word "RV Industry", then I would totally agree with everything you said. I have read similar posts on other brand forum sites. It really has nothing to do with Thor. RV dealers are out there to sell units for as much as they can, not to deal with warranty repair issues from non-customers. It is just the way the RV industry is. Either have your warranty issue done by the selling dealer or take it to northern Indiana and have Thor's factory repair facility tend to it.

I had a new $80,000 Keystone Montana fiver we purchased from Lazy Days in Tampa. Had just a few things wrong that needed fixed within the first year under warranty. Had it back to Lazy Days twice and could only get two issues revolved. Pleaded with another northern Montana dealer and he finally gave me a service appointment. They didn't fix anything and it was a waste of my time.

It is an industry wide problem my friend, that is why I believe in buying units a year or two old and having an extended warranty.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum