Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Bad Boys Ambush
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
oldgold

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 36TL
State: Georgia
THOR #5536
Bad Boys Ambush

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman7458 View Post
I'm having trouble finding a UTV that will haul my prospecting equipment to and from across the desert and in the woods, but will also convert to haul my son, my wife and I plus our 3 huskies for when we want to go play. Then for the topper because the Ranger will do all that, but the Ranger won't fit in my 10'3" long Outlaws garage. The ambush is 10'7" I believe and if I pull the tilt bed off it's like 9' 10" or somewhere close to that. plus it is a gas/electric hybrid that I can add a solar panel to and help keep the on board battery happy. I think it's manufactured in Georgia with alot of the parts coming from local sources as I understand it. So, with all those pro's being said I'm looking for a list of con's hopefully from someone who has owned one. The price is right in my range so that's okay, but I'm wondering about reliability and ease of getting parts etc...Anybody have a clue or opinion heres your chance before I pull the trigger. Heres a pdf brochure for the one I'm looking at.
Attachment 3202

I bought an ambush in fall of 2014 and they are a really neat machine.. If you are planning on using it for serious off road use, do not buy one. We used ours mainly on dirt roads and around the house. The couple times I took it hunting, and went off of the dirt road into the woods, it got stuck. My opinion, it is too heavy and the axles are too far apart. We ended up selling a year later as I couldn't use it for hunting. I ended up buying a Honda 700 4 seater. I HIGHLY recommend you go test drive a bunch of side by sides before you decide on the Ambush. It is a great ride if you are planning on using it as a golf cart. If you are more using for a utility vehicle or off road vehicle I would stay away. I would even look at the Honda 1000. I think it might fit in there too. The biggest issues I had with it were off road capability and speed. EZGo set the up to not go much faster than 20mph.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask away about either...

Just before selling the Ambush..
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0925.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	989.7 KB
ID:	3209

The new Honda 700.. I really didn't want blue but it was $1750 cheaper than the camo one and for some reason Honda quit making the green.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1167.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	963.4 KB
ID:	3210

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum