Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #11
Cluck

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #4825
We went around and around with the Smart Car people about this and they said no. We purchased our Smart Car 2016 in October of 2015. Since they had all been towed in the past, the sales people didn't even know they had changed. This was the only reason we purchased it since we had the Vegas 2015 24.1. They didn't even have tow bars available at that time because the 2016 is four inch wider than the previous models. Basically, you can't believe anyone until you read the manual that comes with your car. Manufacturers change year to year on same models that were once towable. My DH likes the car and we get extremely good gas mileage. If I remember correctly in our manual, it stated you could tow the car at 30 mpr for 30 miles - now, who would do that. We still don't have a towable car. We flatbed our Smart car from Florida to Indiana.
I truthfully didn't want to buy the Vegas not because I didn't like the looks or floor plan but because it was new and I knew all the kinks were not worked out but DH was smitten. Its even to short for a dolly. We have travel out west and to Florida and really don't miss the car. Only a few instances have we said we wished we had one. However, every one is not a senior citizen and would like to have that option. LOL
Connie, Indiana
2015 Vegas 24.1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum