Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Fuse Boxes
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Sli22sli

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5526
Fuse Boxes

I am a new second owner of 2016 Thor Axis 24.1 e450 and 6 speed trans. I have been trying to get familiar with it. Today I found out how the fog lights work. They only work with the low beams on. A few days ago I tried the fog light switch and it didn't come (the lights were apparently in high beam.) so I thought it was the fog light fuse.

In trying to find where it was I got conflicting info so I called Thor technical and after a short search they said it was fuse F2 in the Thor fuse panel under the drivers seat in outside compartment wall. I found the fuse box but could only open door about an inch wide because it was hitting 2 large cables. I tried to push the cables out of the way but couldn't. You definitely can't check fuses with the door partially opened like that. I left it alone but was thinking how to deal with it. The brute force method would be to cut the plastic door as close to the hinge as possible then put it back and tape it with duct tape. Has anyone else had that problem? - and if so how was it handled? Also there are 3 A/C circuit breakers??/switches that are out in the open with out a door at the bottom of the fuse box that are unlabeled. I'm concerned that something stored in the compartment could bump them and turn them off during travel..

I have looked carefully with a good flash light and cannot find the fuse box that's supposed to be by the drivers knee by the steering column. I also have not seen an in place photo of this fuse box. How can I find it? Do you have to put your head by the gas and brake pedal and look up to see it? Any help on finding that fuse box on my Axis would be appreciated.

I have looked in the engine compartment and did not find anything that looked like a fuse box. I read somewhere that there is a fuse box under the refrigerator but I have not looked there yet.

If anyone with an Axis like mine could give me a listing of all fuse boxes and circuit breakers and their location I'd appreciated it.

Thanks,
sli22sli
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2208
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	3220  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum