Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 05:16 AM   #13
webslave

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40RX
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What is there to lose by running inverter while on the road?

While driving the engine alternator on most motorhomes should supply enough electrical current to power the inverter/refrigerator without even discharging the batteries.
What I was inferring was that if not needed, why turn it on? Our refrigerator stays cold without it being powered, just the wife and I and everything that we need while going down the road is powered at the dash... In the event we need ac power, we need a bunch, and it is much more economical to fire up our 8 KW genny that can power the whole bus, most specifically both A/C units, not just a few appliances. We either don't have anything that calls for the inverter, or, we need a lot more than what the inverter is capable of supplying, ergo we don't use the inverter.

Of course, we turn off lights when not needed, use the A/C sparingly, fix drips to conserve water, etc. Somewhere down the line that power has to be replaced and nothing is free. Am I a tree hugger? Nope, I cut down plenty on my property, but, I don't believe in wasting or squandering resources just because I can.. I don't need it, I don't run it. If I ever need it, I'll fire it up.

2014 Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum