Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #1
samven

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
Advise on another problem

I am not sure what to do about a problem that just came to light. I purchased my Four Winds 22E 18 mos ago from a dealer about 100 miles away. I have had my share of quality control issues and have corrected all but 1 on my own and that took 3 trips to the dealer. I could have bought the parts for less than the gas. Today I was going over the RV getting ready for winter and it struck me I had never used the holding tank heaters so I decided to turn them on and check the heat pads attached to the tanks. I waited and waited but the pads never got warm, not even slightly, so I thought from other posts that maybe a wire had come off the switches. I removed the switch panel to check and guess what, NO WIRES, nada, nothing. They were not laying in the bottom of the tray, I could not find them back in the wall. The switches are there, the pads are there but no wiring anywhere. I am not sure if there is anything I can do at this point because it has been 18 mos. I am also not crazy about the idea of the dealer taking things apart to fish wiring through the RV given the quality of workmanship the last time I had them do anything. Has anyone had a issue like this were you did not find a factory problem until after the 12 mos house warranty.
I should have mentioned it was a brand new unit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum