Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Black tank woes
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #9
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
As several had said - liquid makes all the difference...
Just reading the frequency of your issue (every 3 days) - are you leaving the black tank valve open while hooked to sewer?
Only way I can picture the problem you are having at that frequency...

The BLACK valve should be CLOSED normally - water in the tank to start with, add your choice of chemicals/additives... and use it... (more use = more liquid and more time for chemicals/additives to do their thing...)

I typically leave the GRAY valve OPEN until a day or so before I dump the black - closing it then and allowing it to collect some water.
Dump the black... use tank rinser if you have one... dump the gray to rinse the hose... and start over (more water... chemicals/additive... etc)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum