Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #13
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What's the SCFM on that unit? I couldn't see it in link -- maybe just missed it.

The picture makes it look like you are mainly buying a tank, regulator, and hose. Not much of a compressor shows up on picture.

I certainly appreciate it when people are honest and recommend against buying something they themselves purchased. Negative feedback can be as useful as positive feedback -- maybe more. Unfortunately many people hesitate admitting having made a mistake. Thanks.

For what it's worth, I'd personally focus more on compressor/inflators output rating than tank size if filling tires is the primary application. The tire itself is a large pressurized "tank" so carrying a large tank around as part of a compressor doesn't seem like it would do much other than save a little time by letting the compressor run while going from one tire to the next.

ha, yeah, this one was definitely a bonehead mistake.
I don't know so I googled and found this site that lists the spec's
0.5 SCFM at 90 psi

and yeah, I knew upfront that the small tank wouldn't hold enough for a tire. I figured though it would help with the duty cycle when topping off bike tires and so on. With such a pathetic little compressor though, it's nearly pointless.

Primefit 125 PSI 1 gal. Portable Air Compressor with Regulator and Control Panel 25 ft. Air Hose-CM00301 - The Home Depot

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum