Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #2
gentilebrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer Fanatic View Post
New to this forum and RV'ing in general. Recently purchased the Freedom Elite 26HE. There is a thin wood panel that has coax outlet and an AC outlet on the bedroom wall. Has anyone mounted a flat screen on this panel? If so, what hardware did you use? The panel seems a bit flimsy and I was wondering if any additional support might be needed for the weight of the flatpanel TV. We will probably install a 32".
We have the same unit. WHat I did was I took the TV at the bunk and moved it to the back in the bedroom. I put another 24" TV in the bunk that runs off 12v and has built in DVD Player. This way the kids can watch TV going down the road.

TO mount the TV in the spot in the back behind the center of that wood panel is solid wood to anchor a TV bracket to. Use a stud finder to find the outer edges but it is pretty large. If I remember right it was like 12" wide. I used 1.5" No.12 screws. I'm sure there is some RV brackets but I just used a cheap bracket form BestBuy. Once mounted I put some foam behind it to keep it from shaking and rattling while driving.

The HDMI cable is run to the cabinet just above the fridge. If you are buying a new TV I would suggest getting one with a built in DVD player because aiming the remote up to that cabinet is not ideal nor is leaving the cabinet open to use it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.