Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #11
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
My buddy and I completed the CHF this morning, front and rear. Total time was just under 2 hours and no blood drawn!

We only took it down a state route for about 10 miles and back. What I first noticed was that turning corners getting out of town the coach did not lean as much. When we got on the open road I couldn't tell a lot of difference. We did have a 20 to 22mph cross wind to deal with so no matter what I was going to be fighting the wheel some.

All in all I was disappointed in the results. I guess I had expected the CHF to solve about 75% of my handling issues and it did not. If I had to put a number on it I would say that the coach may handle 10 or 20% better.

Next week I will get it in for a front end alignment and see if that makes any difference. While we were doing the CHF we looked everything over, bushings, tie rod ends, etc., and everything looked tight and good. After alignment we have a short trip but Safe-T will probably go on after that.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum