Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 03:35 AM   #59
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Interesting to read about your mods. I own the father of your guys Hurricane, mine is a 29D from 2002, and it has a slide try for three house batteries! It looks like the cheapened down the Hurricane over the years. My curtain rails go all the way to the end of the windows!
I did almost all the mods you did, and than some.
I put Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners installed the CHF in front and rear and a Steer Safe system.
I got the best bang for the money from a rear track bar and Sumo Maxim springs in the front. There are no white knuckles anymore when a semi races buy me after these mods. To get some extra pep and a better behaving transmission, I got the 5 Star tuning installed.

I am currently in the process of tearing out the dinette and replacing it with a breakfast bar type setup. I bought two folding chairs from Bed bath & beyond that I will use with this arrangement.
I travel alone with DD (dear dog, a Rottweiler/Great Dane mix) who was occupying the couch until now. By removing the dinette I gained plenty of floor space and now DD can sleep on his standard bed on the floor. The couch can be flipped back up now and I can lounge on it and watch TV. Te removal of the dinette allows now also to turn the drivers seat around fully, and divers seat, passenger seat and couch provide now a nice seating arrangement. The breakfast bar sits on top of some newly installed cabinets, and this way I almost tripled my cabinet space in the kitchen/living area.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.