Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
gentilebrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer Fanatic View Post
Interesting that you mentioned the quietness of the Class C compared to Class A. I thought the cab was quite loud, but this our first motorhome. We were towing an A frame popup so we have no reference point. Also, the coach seems to have lots of rattles (unloaded) which I have yet to find the time to identify. I would be interested to know your unit has quite a few rattles as well. Would also like to know of any other modifications you have made. Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Charlie
I had a 2000 R-Vision 33' class A with 65k miles. It was very loud and SOOO many squeeks. Motor wasn't any louder then my new one but it was all the rattles and squeeks that were extremely noisy. This thing the whole dash would move separate from the body when hitting big bumps. I could feel the floor moving under my feet in the wind. Sealant was going bad in the front area and cold wind would come in. Wireing under the dash looked like a rats nest. Dash lights would shut off. Heater fan sounded like a jet engine. Things like that. These RV's are built like garbage which is why I only would get a Class C after owning that. I want everything that makes it drive down the road to be done by Ford so its done neat and proper.

We only had a few rattles. A little in the bathroom door which I adjusted a little and that went away and the entry door screen would rattle but I fixed that also. The only rattle I get now is maybe from some items in the drawers but the RV doesn't rattle or squeak.

The mods that I have done so far.

Speakers were the first to go. easy to replace. I think the size was 5x8" and get the ford wiring adapter for each speaker even the ones in the back so you don't have to do any wiring. Just plug in.

I put LED Flood lights on the back mounted under the back bumper. I use these on my boat and truck and hold up well and light up a camp site for backing in. Works great.

I need to put some sort of rinse system into the black tank for dumping.

The back headlights are prone to leaking so people are pulling them off and sealing them with silicone sealant. I have to do that before winter.

I want to upgrade the light in the cab. Its very dim and want something brighter.

Get a bunch of cans (I used 4) of car under coating in the spray can. Climb under and spray everything shiny and then some. Keeps the rust off for a little longer.

Eventually I want to put 6 lights outside that shine in all directions to give me 365 degree light for backing into camp sites. I typically get to the sites at night and I am towing a boat so light is very important.

Guess that's all for now. My only issues thus far is the edge of my counter is coming loose and the generator doesn't start as well as I think it should but once started it stays running.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160518_20_14_11_Pro.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	3272  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.