Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Claude and I have been emailing and yesterday I checked my 2015 Vegas in the storage yard. The fuse box under the driver's seat in the storage compartment is not the same BCC TH-1020 by RV Custom Products. The picture that Jamie had included in a previous post about the TH-1020 shows the white decal with TH-1020 just like Claude.

My box is smaller than the TH-1020. It only has a part number printed on it. It does not have the automatic functions that the TH-1020 has. I think it is just basically a circuit box with relays, circuit breakers, and fuses.

I had found a troubleshooting guide on line for the TH-1020 and sent it to Claude (file attached). In that troubleshooting guide on the section entitled "Auxiliary Start and Charging Relay Function" is a description of how the voltage sensors and battery relays work to charge the chassis and coach batteries. This description is very similar to the description of how the BIRD, Isolation Relay (Trombetta), and Battery Disconnect Relays work together in those applications that use the BIRD and Trombetta instead of a BCC.

Guess I have to include an edit in my manual for those applications where there is only a BCC and no Trombetta & BIRD (like mine).

This also points out the importance when talking to Thor Customer Service to ensure you provide them a VIN. Claude had done that and Thor Customer Service verified he had a BCC and that precluded having a BIRD and Trombetta (that we spent the better part of 2 days looking for). It is interesting to point out that Jamie's Axis is a 2014, and Claude's 2015 Vegas 24.1 is identical to mine. The moral here is that Thor's builds can have variance within a specific model year .
Attached Files
File Type: doc TH-1020 Troubleshooting guide.doc (35.0 KB, 367 views)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum