Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
MaJ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Texas
THOR #2192
Final solution:
The window was 98% in place, but I needed another 1/8 inch upward on the glass, because the inside latches couldn't snap down all the way.

I put a strip of black duct tape across the top of the window to hold it to the top pane, which doesn't open. This is to keep from having another "fall out" episode, and to help with control during the next step.

With the lower window barely open, outside on the ladder, hands gripping inside at the lower sill area, I put a 3' piece of 1x2 horizontally under the bottom edge of the glass, and used my forearms to press upwards on the wood and glass. This moved the glass up another milimeter beyond where I had it.

After this, I could get the inside latches caught, and partially snapped down. They are now secured with duct tape, and the road test will be in a few weeks, when we relocate. I chose this solution based on risk of breakage if I continued further. I also didn't want to tear off the gasket, as leak consequences far out weigh negatives of the duct tape solution.

I put in a request to Thor tech support, but the answers in this forum were far more responsive. Thank you! Thor has been silent so far. If a more elegant solution to the window reinstall question appears from Thor, I will share it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1477681699722-385327849.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	3275   Click image for larger version

Name:	1477681784137-633196715.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	3276  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.