Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #26
martinek.steve

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4919
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I completely understand that Thor has to build to a price point, saving 5 here and 10 there adds up in the long run. What I don't understand is scrimping on the items an owner will use a lot, like the radio/camera system and tv's. Items that are used frequently and don't work properly are a constant source of irritation and diminish the customer experience. Poor choices on Thors part lead to poor customer satisfaction, and these days customer satisfaction is everything to a company wanting to stay in business!!!
THOR doesn't seem to have a handle on Cost/Benefit analysis or for that matter on the old Deming principles. Deming, in case you are not familiar with him : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming

I, for one, can't see any benefit to : You can't do it right the 1st time, but you have the time (and money) to re-do it, at minimum, a second time. It's surprising how many companies have forgotten the lessons of the 1980's, when Design for Manufacturabity, Process and Quality Control were the latest rage. I believe, that the Auto Manufacturers are still on top of this concept, but many others have given up on it. Perhaps, because it is difficult to manage this when the manufacturing is located off shore.

Also, do we really need a separate radio in the coach ? There are other multiple zone head units on the market, with DVD and many other features. This seems to be a typical RV scenario, possibly because of the isolation of where the power is drawn from when on the road vs. when camping. On top of that, most of us have a video distribution system installed on top of that. All of questionable quality.
Sorry ! End of rant.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum