Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
martinek.steve

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4919
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013NHSiestaowner View Post
Greetings, all--
Just bought a 36K mi Siesta from Wilkins RV in Bath, NY. They walked me through the coach but we all know the real close-looking begins once you drive out of the lot! I hope I can get some answers and support from this group as the manuals leave out a lot!
Main concern-- soft spot in the floor in the bathroom between the toilet and the sink. I'm all ears about whether anyone has experienced this and how it was fixed.
I still need to figure out the relationship between the head unit in the livingroom and the TV--not as urgent as the floor issue.
I'll try y'all on for size on these two.
Thanks in advance for your help.
BTW-- I love the way it drives and the mattress is pretty comfortable.
Best, Peter
As far as the floor, my brand new 2015 Siesta Sprinter SR24, has the same issue. But mainly in the Living area. I just considered it part of the THOR design and manufacturing process. I'm not sure how the floor is attached to the structure (adhesive, fasteners or both), under it. Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be very good. I think you may also find that the amount of floor movement will be somewhat related to the ambient temperature. With it being more noticeable when it is warmer out. The underlayment is very likely the same material that is used for the cabinet surfaces, headliner and wall covering. Most likely 3/16" "plywood", I hesitate to call it plywood, as it is probably Russian birch, or some other inexpensive product, that's very soft and has a crap load of voids in it.

Unless you can somehow get THOR to take care of this, I believe that you will find that fixing it would be monumentally expensive and labor intensive. If THOR builds these units like everyone else does, the subfloor is about the 1st thing to be placed in the coach.

As far as the relationship of the Head Unit and the TV's, I'm not sure exactly how they are related. But in mine, there is a switch box in the closet next to the fridge, all the way at the top, where you can choose what signal goes where. I haven't had the chance to play with any of that in my coach, as yet.

THOR doesn't have real detailed Users Manuals, as my past 2 RV's had. So it's not always clear how things work. The Manuals are typically very generic.

Good Luck !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.