Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 11:28 PM   #31
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I will weigh in here because I not only have owned a FordV10 ClassA, but also my current Thor Palazzo Diesel Pusher(Cummins 300hp).

While there is little comparison to a gas unit/ford chassis versus the ride of a diesel pusher/freightliner chassis with air brakes and air bags, the ClassA gas units made by any manufacturer are ALL the same, ride and handling wise, no matter whether a Coachmen, or a Newmar, or anything in between.

I now also DELIVER these units from the factory to dealers all over the country and can attest that whether it's a Fleetwood Bounder, a Newmar CanyonStar, or any ClassA gas from any manufacturer, the factory can not really do anything about the actual basic ride of the unit itself, only what they build on top of it.

Yes, they all are pushed by the wind, pushed by other traffic, and ride pretty rough over anything other than completely smooth surfaced roads. They are loud, compared to DPs, but also have very loud gear downshifting when on even slight hills, especially if you leave it on cruise control.

Having said that, ClassA gas units are probably MUCH easier to work on and diagnose issues with than the diesels, especially rear radiator DPs. The controls are the same/similar to your truck or car, and it's much less daunting than when first driving DPs. The price also reflects the lower cost engines and systems with gas engines.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum