Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Specific GPS
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 05:05 AM   #10
webslave

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40RX
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1567
We have the Good Sam Rand RVND 7725 and have found it to be very reliable and accurate. I use the GS Trip Routing Program on their website. Once I've got the route laid out, I can download it into the 7725.

All that being said, I also use the built in Jensen GPS and compare both. No discrepancy, we're good to go. If there is a discrepancy, out comes the paper trucker's atlas...to date, the 7725 has only been wrong once and that error was in taking us on a "shortcut" that was an OK route, but, that route bypassed a Pilot station I wanted to use. Turns out it was my mistake...I didn't download the "final" (all changes made) version. The moral of that tale is that no matter which one you choose, you can't "bet the farm" on its accuracy; that's why we use 2 and let the truckers atlas settle any discrepancies.

2014 Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk towed
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum