Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 10:48 PM   #12
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
... I am hoping to find some inspirational words from someone .. anyone on why the Thor would be a good choice.
We purchased our Challenger almost 2 years ago. With the exception of the AV system I went through the coach pretty well during the PDI and found a couple of items the dealer had to correct before I would accept delivery of the coach. My prior coach was a Forest River Class C. From a price point the Thor was cheaper than the other Class A coaches we looked at. Some of the materials used are of a slightly lower grade than the higher priced coaches but the workmanship was about the same.

Customer Service and warranty support from Thor is hands down far superior to that which I received from Forest River. I talked to Thor numerous times during my first year of ownership. During the years of ownership of the FR I never talked to them and they never returned a voice or email mail message.

With my FR dealer it took 2 trips for any issues. The first trip to correct the issue and the second to fix what they broke while fixing the first issue. My current dealer is far superior in their work and professionalism.

Is a Thor a good choice for you? Only you can answer that question after performing your due diligence in the selection process. Not only must you determine which RV is a fit for you but you must also determine if the dealer is worth a nickle or dime.

Something to keep in mid is that motor home components and systems are manufactured by a few companies for use by multiple RV manufacturers. For example most RV refrigerators are manufactured by Dometic or Norcold. If the model fridge has an issue that issue will be across multiple RV brands. The Lippert step recall was an interesting one. In the Family Motor Coaching Magazine there is a recall corner where FMCA will post recall notices supplied by manufacturers. Thor had the recall published before anyone and in some cases 2 or 3 months before other manufacturers.

Did I answer your question or concern; I hope not. I can only tell you my experience and that we are extremely happy with our selection of the Thor Challenger for our class A coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.