Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #49
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Chance, I read the NTSB report you posted the link for, thank you by the way. When I asked my question I was referring to a blow out on a vehicle equipped with duals, I should have made that clear and didn't. The report clearly states one of the factors was an inexperienced driver applying the brakes. Tests conducted by Michelin, and validated by others, in the event of a front blow out, state the first thing a driver should do is accelerate to unload forces on the affected wheel. I didn't go in to detail in my earlier post, my fault. I believe, as I feel you do to, in making informed decisions. I have done a lot of research in to front stabilizers from many different sources, not just what manufacturers put out. My research may be flawed but I firmly believe that for an average driver, driving a vehicle in good condition, a stabilizer is a good thing. Like I stated before, to me it is like any other device designed to improve safety, like anti lock brakes, which are a standard on almost all vehicles now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum