Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #14
RustyJC

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb1993 View Post
For us newbies to the DRV product, can you sum up your experience at the factory? You had so many things wrong that you had to take the unit back to the manufacturer?? Makes me a little gun shy about putting down my deposit next month. I thought these were suppose to be one of the highest quality rigs out there. I know there will be little things that creep up, I've been RV'ing for 20 years, but I never had to take a unit back to the factory for repair. Were these things that Slade could not accomplish? Would you mind sharing your "punch list" you gave the factory so I can have some idea of what to expect in the first year of ownership?

Based on your one year, are there items you would recommend to pay close attention to during the delivery process? Having spent over 20 years as both an aircraft mechanic and aviator, I find myself quite a stickler for details.

Thanks for any advice/forewarning you can provide.
Just to reassure you a bit before Ron responds to your post, we've been DRV owners since 2004. We owned a 2004 Mobile Suites 36RE3 and now a 2014.5 Mobile Suites 38RSSA. Neither EVER went back to Howe, Indiana for service or repairs. The 2004 went to a dealer twice in 10 years, both during the warranty period - once for a broken gear in a slideout gearbox (the 2004 had electric slideouts) and once for a defective Dometic refrigerator cooling unit. The 2014.5 has never been back to a dealer since we took delivery in May 2014.

Have there been items that required repair? Of course - that's part of owning an RV, but none that I couldn't handle myself. Nothing major enough to require the services of a repair facility or the factory.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum