Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
I need help from all the AXIS/VEGAS gurus on here

Ok, I have been fighting the fact that my chassis battery "sometimes" charges while on shore power and sometimes doesn't. I know it is a relay issue, so I called THOR to find out what could be going on and get a set of schematics for the dash and chassis electrical (already had a set for the coach)

So, when I discussed the issue, the very nice THOR tech informed me that the charger that works with shore power doesnt charge the chassis battery.

When we purchased the coach, the dealer said the coach AND chassis batteries were charged on shore power. And, yes, I know not to put "too" much faith in the dealers comments, since they have lots of different coaches and brands to deal with. But, again right now, the chassis and coach batteries are being charged by shore power "charger" (each showing 13.1-13.3 volts)

What I need to find out from you great experienced AXIS\VEGAS jockeys on here is this: does shore power charge both the chassis and coach batteries, or am I chasing a wild goose and should look to find out why it is working and stop it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum