Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 03:19 AM   #2
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Welcome msbond,

Is that slide problem the only one so far?? I have a 2014 34.2 and I've had nothing but problems since taking delivery in Feb of this year. The unit is back at the dealer, it's been there all total approx 4 months!!! August was the only month I didn't have it into the dealer for repairs, that's because we were sick and tired of the dealer having it more than us, and we wanted to try and get some use out of the damn thing!

My rig arrived at the dealer in dis-repair, approx 10-15 items requiring repair or replacement, it arrived from the factory with all of this stuff defective or broke!! We took the unit out on a shake down trip and discovered another 15 items. That's 30+ items needing repair or replacing on an RV arriving at the dealer with approx 2,100 miles!

Here we are 8-9 months later still trying to get some of those items resolved. The dealer gets some of the blame, but I put a lot of the onus on Thor for letting this thing leave its facility is such poor shape!!

As to the problem with your ginormous slide, I just started noticing an issue with the slide on our last trip out in Aug. As the slide would start coming in, the front would get out of sync with the back and it would stop. I would have to run it out and back in a couple of times to get it to finally come all the way in. It seems like the motors all of a sudden can't work together to retract the slide. I'm anal about having my coach level for slide operation, so I know that's not an issue!!

Upon close inspection, I discovered the metal track on the top and bottom of the slide, front side had metal shavings on the track. The 4 motors appear to be laboring to get the slide to retract.

I looked around on some other forums and have found owners of the Thor diesel coaches, particularly the Palazzo are having problems with the ginormous slide. Apparently a slide of this size should have a total of 6 motors to properly run the slide, 3 in the front and 3 in the back, (there should be another track in the middle of the top and bottom track).

It appears this may have been a cost cutting measure!! I took lots of pics and video of the slide issue and ran the slide for the dealer, the dealer rep scratched his head and agreed that didn't look right! They've had it over a month now and they are still waiting to hear back from Thor on a solution!! Mean while, I've had to pass on a couple of camping opportunities, which is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!

I've all but lost my patients with Thor, and considering the Lemon Law as an option! Anybody else have to use the Lemon Law for a lemon RV??

Search this forum and others about Thor products and see for your self!

Sorry to rant, I feel a little better now!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.