Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 12:28 AM   #6
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Agree with all the comments. The CRV is a popular SUV, and popular to tow, very versatile and not too heavy.

The part you see on the car is the edge off the baseplate. You can buy Roadmaster tow bars to fit it from any RV dealer, and countless places online. They are always sold separately. I have found the folks at etrailer.com very helpful. You might even find some on craigslist or ebay. Stick with Roadmaster telescoping tow bars, so you don't need an adapter.

It is never cheap to buy and install the baseplate and rig up the light hookup for towing. If you pay to have it done, figure at least $1K, and you'll likely not get much of that back when you sell it. Be sure to have your mechanic check the baseplate installation and the breakaway when you have it inspected. And, as was suggested, tell the mechanic that towed miles, over 10 years, are unknown.

Anytime you buy a vehicle out of warranty, you roll the dice. I have bought dozens of cars. only a handful were new. I've sold a few with miles that high, and they held up well with some TLC. Be smart and budget for some repairs, with that many miles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum