Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #7
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
I think the writer of the Wiki did not really understand what sway bars do. yes, if one hits a bump with a single wheel, the response might be a little stiffer, but that force does not really transmit to the other side because of reaction delays caused by the heavy body and structure of a motorhome.
Concerning Sumo springs, I installed them early this summer prior to a 4000 plus miles trip and am of the opinion that they improve the handling of my unit. Now that I have the CHF applied, a rear track bar and Sumos installed, I am not concerned about passing semis anymore. Most of the time I do not even realize that a semi is passing me.

The Sumos did nothing to make the ride more comfortable. I still have the very harsh spring reaction when driving over bridge expansion slots and similar bad road conditions,
I am currently experimenting with different methods for improving the ride comfort.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.