Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
BrianA.C.E

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #4139
ACE 30.2 Behind the Dash

Thought I would post these Pictures of what is behind your dash on a 30.2, I could not help but laugh as I removed it. I finally had enough of the squeaks and bouncing coming from my dash so I removed it and found that nothing was attached to anything else that was solid. what had screws in it the screw had either missed its intended target or had pulled apart.
I didn't take pictures of the outside that you could see up front by the windshield but the entire front half had come apart and dropped about 3 inch's and you could see outside by the radiator. The Black spray in foam that they used was the main culprit of the squeaks any place it touched plastic squeaked like crazy when moved.
I removed all the spray foam and replaced with silicone caulking where needed and repaired any broken or detached mounts "all of them" now driving down the road the dash does not make a sound. Very pleased with the outcome, I also found that the floor pan under front seats on the bottom side was coming loose and vibrating so I replaced all the screws with larger self taping metal screws and then sprayed the panels underneath with rubberized spray world of difference.
JEEP JKU
BrianA.C.E is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum