Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #12
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Please, no offense to anyone, but you are still driving a truck! Without spending a ginormous amount of money and time you will never achieve a car like ride, at most all you can hope to achieve is a compromise.
As i said, I am not searching for the pot of gold, one filled with silver is pretty good for me!

And you are right, a truck chassis will always be a truck chassis. Not only we owners with F53 chassis complain about the ride quality, you can find similar complains of owners of shorter and rather light weight diesel pushers that have an air suspension. A big factor in ride quality is the length of the wheelbase and the weight of the coach. The longer the wheelbase, the better the ride, and the heavier the coach, the better is the ride>

I can't do much about the wheelbase, I am stuck with 190", but I can find the proper spring load of my coach, and once I know that, I can select springs and auxiliary suspension systems that help to get a way better ride.
My motorhome is heavy enough over the rear axle. I have everything really heavy behind or above the rear wheels (generator, propane tank, waste water tanks, water tank, and the gigantic storage area). The only heavy stuff in the front are my three house batteries, engine and transmission, the chassis battery, and I. There is no real chance that I can put any substantial weight into the front. And that makes me close to 400 lbs short of the spring rating! That is what I am working on now!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.