Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #12
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I believe the reason that you do not see the 'amplifier signal' on your model is because you coach already has a built in amplifier(usually a button on a coax plate), so a duplication of the amplifier is not needed.
This is the base unit that manufacturers use versus the aftermarket 'retail' KingJack unit which includes the amplifier with led signal built into the handle itself.

I agree that the led indicator is nice, but rotating the antenna 180degrees after the initial channel scan will also give you an indication of the best direction. My led indicator no longer works, so I have to use this method, too - I find that the unit works so well that it's not a big difference which way you specifically point the unit. Mine mostly stays pointed forward.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.