Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #9
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
My biggest complaint with the Axxera is that the display is hard to see in daylight. I like using the rear camera as a rearview mirror while driving, but it's hard to see in daylight and at night you just see bright lights. The only time it's very useful is at dawn and dusk.

I also discovered that when you use the turn signal and the side camera display comes on, it mutes the radio. It's really annoying when you're trying to listen to music or a podcast. However, if you have the rear camera display selected it doesn't mute when you use the turn signal. This is another reason why I usually have the rear camera display selected.

Apple CarPlay would be really nice to have so you could just use your navigation app of choice on your iPhone and have it displayed on the stereo display. The Axxera has the Dual Mirror function, but your phone has to have a personal hotspot enabled for it to work, which we don't have. We would have to change our cellular plan to enable a hotspot, and since we are grandfathered into an unlimited data plan we don't want to change it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum