Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Flat tow
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 01:23 AM   #10
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
With your 29 footer and the Ford V10 you can probably tow more than I can with my 25 foot Gemini. My tow car is a Chevy HHR about 3100 pounds, and with the unified braking system in place, the car will not or should not over tax the brakes in the Gemini, never an issue with our former 41 foot pusher. I am now dealing with a small V6 diesel about 188HP, nothing like the 9 liter Cummins I had, which could probably have towed the Queen Mary off its moorings. I tend to be over cautious about towing and weight limits, not only do you need power to pull, but weight in the towing vehicle to control the towed vehicle in sudden unexpected maneuvers, and of course the ability to stop everything when something unexpected jumps out in front of you. To your question of tow equipment, I have used a Blue Ox Aladin tow bar for years, and of course the U.S. Gear or unified brake system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.