Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #61
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNK View Post
I'm a new owner of a RV. We will be visiting family over Thanksgiving. I purchased a "dog bone" to go from the RV (30 amp) to residential service. Having an extension cord appropriate for this use, what other concerns should I have while getting electric from a residence?
...the number of AMPS you have available to use. 15a would be typical, but some breakers might be as much as 20a. if you are not using your a/c unit, or high power devices like heaters, you should be o.k. for lights, tvs, etc.

what you want to know also is where is the breaker for the outlet - if you overload the circuit and the breaker inside the house or garage trips, and you have no access to it, then you just lost all power.

one idea is to use an extension cord that has it's OWN 15a breaker. When you overload it, you can easily reset it yourself, and not run the risk of overloading the outlet breaker.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.