Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thanks again. Getting in and out of tight cockpit is one of the main concerns we had when we first saw a Transit motorhome. It's good to know that it's not a problem, although I'd guess that depends greatly on a person's age, size and fitness level. One of the first motorhomes we rode in decades ago was based on a tiny Toyota pickup, and getting to front seats required climbing over stick shift -- not easy.

The Forest River Sunseeker at RV show was a great size (had narrow European width), but the floorplan is so incredibly limited. I liked that FR used the longest Transit chassis to make a 25'-6" Class B+ out of it, but normal seating for just two people can't possibly work for most couples. While it has sleeping for three, and could travel with four, there are only two bench seats for dining or lounging. Most pure Class Bs have better layout than that. I guess that's what happens when designers commit nearly half of the RV space to a walk-around full-size bed in such a small unit. That MH is strictly limited to two people. There is not even a place for a guess to sit.

One area where designers excelled was in keeping weight down to give the motorhome over 2,000 pounds of cargo carrying capacity. Much of that was probably due to using a simple design (gasoline engine and no slide probably saved about 1,000 pounds over diesel with slide) and using smaller and lighter components (smaller generator, fridge, stove, etc.), but it still makes me wonder if an 8,050-pound UVW motorhome can be sturdy enough to hold up over time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.