Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 02:49 AM   #66
RadioRanger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
I'm a noob to RVing. We just got our MH this summer. Have had a lot of coaching from experienced friends and reading here, etc. One thing I reaad is that someone recommended getting a 50 to 30 amp dogbone on one of the threads. Not that you will run into sites that are only 50 amp, but you could find that is all that is available if the pedestal is shared for some reason and only the 50 is available.

Well, we do not have that many trips under our belts yet, but this year already, I found that I needed my 50-30 amp dogbone. While plugging into the 30 amp outlet, there was some arcing in the breaker. I quickly unplugged it. Pulled out the 50 amp dogbone and plugged in the coach to the 50 amp service.

So it is good to have these things.

I see a generator cord mentioned. Do the generators typically plug in? I thought (assumed) mine was hard-wired. Any thoughts on that? Will have to look at the coach net time I go up there. It is in storage for winter now.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum