Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #48
schreinertms

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
... While I agree that a dealership has their own right to accept/refuse any business they choose, and by whatever filter they choose, I can't help but wonder why this is...

-are they too busy with their own customer's work/repairs/warranty?
-do they not want to fill their schedule with others so that their own customer's have priority?
-do they not make enough off of warranty repairs that it only makes sense to please their own customers?

or
-could it be that without a direct relationship with specific RV manufacturers, they might have a hard time getting parts, or getting their desired warranty rate?

I don't know, but just thinkin' out loud...
I had a local Thor dealer in PA flat out tell me when we were shopping for an RV that they will place purchasing customers at the top of the list for service. Anyone who purchases somewhere else, will be handled differently. We ended up purchasing a leftover 2015 from a dealer in Kentucky. When we needed warranty service, I called this PA dealer and they refused to service it since it was bought elsewhere. As I mentioned in a previous thread, until there is some type of advocacy group pressuring the RV industry to fix issues like this and most importantly, QC issues, the RV industry does not give a rats butt especially when sales are good, like they are now.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum