Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: House Batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 08:16 PM   #12
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
ok, maybe true....
but that's advanced for serious application.

to suggest a new rv owner that has 3 posts to date swap out their equipment when they aren't contemplating serious usage isn't really necessary, in my onion.

We've been on the same cheap battery for 2-1/2 years using the wfco, and it has served us well enough so far. The battery was replaced by the dealer when we bought the unit, after I was able to prove they sold a dead battery.
Some WCFO chargers work OK for a period of time. The apparently have a high failure rate, but you can check and see if yours is working correctly. Same goes for Harris batteries. If you don't use your coach much and you always plug in at night, then they may work for you. I wasn't advocating anyone changing or replacing anything. I used my WFCO and Harries batteries for the first two years I had my Vegas and put 25,000 miles on it. They worked OK, but having lots of experience with large boat batteries and good charging systems, I was never happy with them. Two new"29" batteries improved the situation considerably, but I still was not satisfied with the charging of the batteries. I hope replacing the WCFO wil solve that. We go out for 2-4 months at a time and seldom plug in. So the batteries and battery charging are very important to us. If you plug in most nights, it probably does not mean as much to you - nor should it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.