Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
Lloyd
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry B. View Post
Has anyone used the "Battery Minder" or "Battery Tender" to maintain their chassis battery during storage ? Which would you recommend? or are there other better options? Thanks in advance.
This seems to be a little late, but I use the battery minder. Have used it for years when putting the trailer away for the winter. I have two 6 volt Trojan T-105 batteries. The big plus as far as I'm concerned, is it starts desulfating when you hook it up, and then stops desulfating when it has accomplished the job, but continues to charge at a very low rate to keep the batteries topped off.
I use to pull the batteries and bring them in the garage for the winter to avoid any possibility of freezing. Now I don't have to lift those heavy things in and out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.