Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #11
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome...and for the advice regarding a front end alignment on the new unit....that is not something I would have ever thought about. Should I have Paul Sherry do that prior to delivery, or should I wait until I've driven the coach a bit? Cost?

Alignment is best done loaded for travel. You can ask Paul Sherry. but they would have to drive it somewhere for alignment, and it wouldn't be ideal without being loaded.

We had 2 or 3 thousand miles on ours when I had it aligned. I thought it drove OK without alignment, but found it much improved after. Money well spent. Before you spend anything on suspension modifications, have the coach aligned. The raw chassis may be properly aligned, but the added weight changes the dynamic.

You will need to find a shop that can handle trucks. It cost me around $160 at Josams in Orlando, arguably the best in the country. Some have had luck getting Ford to reimburse the cost. Others, no luck with that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.