Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #12
Locknut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post

Alignment is best done loaded for travel. You can ask Paul Sherry. but they would have to drive it somewhere for alignment, and it wouldn't be ideal without being loaded.

We had 2 or 3 thousand miles on ours when I had it aligned. I thought it drove OK without alignment, but found it much improved after. Money well spent. Before you spend anything on suspension modifications, have the coach aligned. The raw chassis may be properly aligned, but the added weight changes the dynamic.

You will need to find a shop that can handle trucks. It cost me around $160 at Josams in Orlando, arguably the best in the country. Some have had luck getting Ford to reimburse the cost. Others, no luck with that.
Thanks Mr. Sunshine for the advice...we've decided to take a short shake-down trip to Florida before heading out to California, so an alignment in Orlando would work out great. Do you have contact info for Josams?

"I refuse to get old...I'm just gonna age like fine bourbon."

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.