Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #18
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We have a slightly used 2016 Vegas 24.1 with less than 2000 miles. Now have over 6500. Zero issues once I got used to driving it. I tow an open racecar trailer frequently.
I avreage anywhere from 8.5 to 10.8 MPG depending on traffic. It cruises good anywhere from 65 to 75 MPH. I did add a reflex steering damper.
The dealer was North Trail RV in Fort Lauderdale. They were great, this is our first RV. The whole purchase process and education got us to a great start. Is wife and I along with one or two dogs and sometimes a 7year old.
We use to tow racecar, go on trips to WDW and general travel.
The storage is great, we really love the size and layout. The only drawback for me was shower curtain sticking to my back, I came up with polyline hoop and clips that work great. I added a 30 amp outlet off main electric panel so we leave unit connected in yard at house. The longest trip so far is 4 day race on Florida West coast. Ran low on shower water last day. I will carry extra water on car trailer in future. The 8000 towing capacity is killer along with 3000 RV payload. If we ever go bigger, a Thor ACE may be considered.
We love the overall layout of unit. The beds match or exceed the expensive mattresses at my home. We have learned to keep it stocked just like house.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum