Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Honda autos have been great to us, so I would expect the best from their generators also. Having said that, I was surprised how many different brands of small inverter generators there are.

During football weekend we walked through campus where tailgaters were set up just about any place they could park a car or SUV, and many had small generators to power TVs, fans, and the like. Honda 2000 were certainly popular, and very quiet at low power when running just off idle. I also noticed quite a few small Generac and Yamaha inverter generators which sounded just about the same level to my untrained hearing, although they sounded different.

There were also a lot of brands of small inverter generators I did not recognize and hadn't seen before. They were definitely louder by comparison to Honda, Generac, and Yamaha, but really not all that bad. And then there were the small non-inverter inexpensive generators which were so loud by comparison. What a difference.

I don't know how much cost it adds to a generator to use inverter technology (presume a significant amount), but Onan should make it available on smaller generator sets as an option. Lower noise and fuel consumption might be worth the cost premium.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum