Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #43
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
So I got the brake light indictor done yesterday. Dave "Sundance" came over and we got it done. It took a while but we did it. Had a great time working and talking to you Dave. I owe you and Maggie a dinner. Lets do it soon.

First I ran a wire through the frame from the front to back of the Jeep. We spliced into the brake/turn signal wire at the four pin rear trailer plug (back of Jeep). Then we hooked it up to the electric brake pin on the 6 pin plug mounted to the front of the jeep. THe plan was to tie into the electric brake wire on the motor home 7 flat pin plug.

(This ended up not working. For some reason and after an hour or so of the light not working we discovered the 6 to 7 cable was not in sync.) We later switched the wire on the 6 pin plug to the back up light pin. This matched up to the electric brake pin on the motorhome. WE HAVE LIGHT!!

We spliced the wire that came with the Ready Brute into the electric brake wire from the plug (blue wire.) Then came the fun part. Lying on my back I started the long crawl to the front. Running the wire and zip tying my way down. Dave followed along handing me zip ties as I needed them. There are plenty of wires and hoses to zip tie to.

We then ran the wires up through the expanding insulation to get them into the cab. I installed the light into a spare auxiliary tab left side of the dash. Out of the way but still visible.

SO now when the brake are activated the light will go on. No more guessing or worrying if they are on going down a steep mountain.

Thanks again Dave

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.